Wednesday, June 11, 2014
I always feel bad when I don't get Reese's update out quicker. She's almost 9 1/2 months now... But in my defense, she's been a little sick, and I didn't want her to be miserable as I was taking pictures.
She's doing a bit better now! So here are 9 new things about Reese:
1- She now has 4 teeth.
2- She knows how to climb the stairs (this is a very scary new thing!).
3- She has now experienced her first ear infection.
4- She will always cry when you take her away from Grandma (doesn't matter which one)
5- She can wave Hi and Bye!
6- She loves to dance!
7- She prefers big people food more than a bottle.
8- She'll give you kisses if she feels like it.
9- She has the cutest way of expressing herself. Lots of gasps when she's excited, and you can tell she's trying so hard to talk!
She's kind of a hot mess in this picture, but she is still the cutest hot mess I have ever seen!
This was at my brother in law's wedding, She had so much fun dancing!
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
I'd like to start off by saying, I dislike onions with a passion. Now, with that being said, this is why I don't usually like guacamole. For the most part, the onions seem to be over bearing, and when I do try to eat guacamole, I have to pick through it to avoid the onions.
Something you should also know, I LOVE avocados. This is why I keep trying to eat guacamole, I want the avocados more than anything.
My father in-law showed me a simple trick to making guacamole without having to cut up onions into it. Instead we used Picante "mild" salsa. Mind you, this is probably the only salsa I like because the onions don't overwhelm me when I eat it.
So here is what you will need for your simple, yet flavorful guacamole.
* about 4-5 tablespoons of picante mild salsa.
* 5 avocados ( we used small avocados so you'll need to adjust your measurements if you use bigger ones)
* pinch of garlic salt
* salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half, and take the pit out.
- Using a spoon, put the inside of the avocado into a bowl.
- Mash the avocados until a little creamy.
- next you'll want to add your other ingredients and mix them one by one.
-Enjoy with some tortilla chips!
Hope you like this as much as I do!
Monday, May 5, 2014
This weekend was awesome, just like most weekends. Also, like most weekends, we made a semi big breakfast Saturday morning. This time we made home made breakfast sandwiches, which normally I'm not a fan of, but this time we made them with biscuits! Let me tell ya, it makes a huge difference (to me at least)!
We first got the idea from getting breakfast sandwhiches from Carls Jr. They were soooo good! But they were also sooo expensive when you are on a tight budget!!! So we decided to try them ourselves and BAM! So easy, and super good.
Here is what you need
- 1 can flaky buttered biscuits
- package of sausages (we got the pre shaped ones... We felt like we got more out of them then a roll of sausage)
- sliced cheese (we used Velveeta)
- about 6 eggs
We started with putting the biscuits in the oven. We followed the directions on the packages for this.
Next my husband cooked the sausages, while I scrambled the eggs. I added a little bit of milk to the eggs. Then I poured a little at a time into the egg pan, and shaped them to look like mini omelets (folding the egg over) then cutting them in half to fit on the sandwich.
When the biscuits were all done we just cut them in half and layered our toppings (sausage, eggs, and cheese) onto them. These also would taste awesome with bacon, AND still taste good after refrigerating and reheating the next day!
Thursday, May 1, 2014
A fellow blogging friend of mine is talking about this on her blog today. My heart always aches for children and babies who are suffering from cancer. Please take a minute to read Holland's story HERE.
Her Uncle is determined to be Holland's hero and is going to be cycling a 1,200 mile bike ride this summer in memory of Holland, and to raise money for Pediatric Cancer Research.
He will be riding from Las Vegas, Nevada to Dallas, Texas in hopes to raise 10,000$.
You can donate by clicking HERE!
Monday, April 28, 2014
Anyway, here are 8 new things about Reese Taylor at 8 months:
- She is crawling now!!
- She says Da (not sure if she's connecting it with dada, but Josh likes to think so).
- She is infatuated with babies! They make her super happy.
- She can wave bye bye.
- She will have yelling time with me ( this is where we match each others yells, and annoy everyone in the house). I love it sooooo much!
- She is super photogenic.
- She'll stop whatever she's doing to listen if there is music on the TV.
- She can pull herself up onto her feet!