Monday, January 27, 2014

Cake Stand

This last week I made a couple super cute cake stands.I'm very excited about these because I've never had one before and I've always felt like these make the cakes look even more delicious... So anyway, my sister in-law was teaching how to make these at her relief society activity and I jumped at the chance to learn how to make one.


These were sooo easy to make! 

The plate is from the 99cent store, It came without polka dots. You can see my tutorial on those Here. The stand is from Pier1, which also came just white and I added the polka dots (they didn't have cute stands at the 99cent store). 

So what we did first was take the end of the stand that we'd be gluing onto the plate, and sand it down a bit.

Next we used an Industrial Strength Adhesive glue. We used E6000, which can be found at Michael's. You don't need to much on there, then you just stick it onto the bottom of the plate. Like this


 

I let it sit for about 24 hours before using it, just to be sure the stand is stuck on there really well.

 



Now I just need to bake a cake... What is your favorite recipe?



No comments:

Post a Comment