Monday, January 6, 2014

I've got Stripes


So I LOVE stripes (most people do), and lately I love them more than usual. 

So when I saw THIS
 on Pinterest I had to do something like it! So here I am trying to be crafty again...

I used 11x7inch canvases for this project. Mainly because I have like 10 of them just hanging out in the closet.
Painters tape
Black paint
White paint (for if you mess up... which I did)

Your going to start by putting the painters tape on the canvas. I used 1 piece of tape in between each strip to measure. I also did at least 2 layers of tape to keep the paint form running.
If you remove the tape and you see the paint has run into your white stripes... no need to fear! White paint is here!
Seriously though....Just let it dry and then paint the white over the part that needs it.


Here is my finished product... Not quite finished I guess because I want to add some kind of monogram or shape to them... but other then that it is done.
The ribbon color used is pewter
I made two of them then placed this picture frame collage in the middle... obviously the picture frame needs photos. We'll get there.


Canvasses: Michaels
Picture frame: Walmart (gift)
Paint: Walmart


No comments:

Post a Comment