Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Polka dots

So I've been seeing a lot of sharpie-plate baking going on lately. At first I thought it was okay, but figured I'm not really skilled in the crafts department, and knew mine would turn out ugly and I'd hate them. Then, I saw the idea of doing gold polka dots and figured that was so simple yet cute that even I could do it! So here's my tutorial on my super cute gold polka dot plates. 

 

What you will need

-White Plates

-Sharpie

-Oven

 

First I bought a few plates from the 99 cent store. Then I gave them a quick wash and run through the dish washer.

 

 

 

Next was the fun/ stressful part.  Just kidding it wasn't really stressful, but it did take me a few times to figure out how I wanted my polka dots done. Big, little, super spaced out, close together? So many options. I never actually did any measuring on this, just kind of went off of how it looked to me.

 

The good thing was that even if I messed up, I could use a scrub brush to wash off the mistake and fix it.

 

 

Here is what they looked like when I was done polka dotting them.

 

Next we bake them.

I set my oven for 425 degrees and then baked them for 30 minutes. When the timer went off I turned off the oven and let them cool in the oven. If you take them out right away, be careful you don't touch the polka dots. I found out that they will smudge when the plates are still hot.

 

 

These were my finished plates, and I LOVE them! For some reason they don't look gold in this picture, but I can assure you they are.

They can be gently washed in the sink ( notice how I didn't say scrubbed?) and you can also run them in the dish washer.  Enjoy your pretty plates!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment