Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chicken Tacos

Yesterday, towards the end of the work day, I got a text from my wonderful husband asking what I'd like for dinner. So you know, I'm not a cook. I like exact messurments not a dash of this, a pinch of that, or season til taste. That being said, my husband cooks almost every night. So yesterday I was trying to think outside of our usual meals and I decided on a mash up of our chicken and rice with our normal tacos. This is when I decided on chicken tacos. 

I know this may not sound exciting to most, but we rarely eat out of our comfort zone, so it was a huge deal for us to make anything new. Even Josh admits to being a little nervous.

 

Anyway, dinner turned out to be amazing! Josh even mentioned it was so good that it came second to Cafe rio grilled chicken tacos! That's really saying something! Here's our recipe

 

Corn tortillas

Shredded cheddar cheese

1can refried beans

3medium pieces of chicken (cooked & chopped up)

Taco seasoning

Canola oil

Sour cream

 

Start off by cooking your chicken all the way through.

Next add the taco seasoning as directed on the container.

As that is simmering, start frying your tortillas. I decided on baking mine, but that didn't turn out as I would have liked. So I suggest frying your tortillas, or buying premade  shells. 

While you're multi tasking, I through the refried beans in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring it half way through.

When you've finished all of that, start loading up your taco! I put beans, chicken, cheese, then sour cream! These were seriously awesome. 

 

This picture has my baked tortillas... I did steal my husband fried tortillas after having my tacos fall apart on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment