Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How to plan a surprise party


 
My wonderful husband just turned 30 and I thought it would be fun to throw him a surprise party. Not only did I decide on throwing him a party, but I decided to do this a week before his birthday...
Here are the steps I took when planning his party.


Step 1: Plan the party 1-2 weeks out
Call me crazy, but I feel like it's worked out better this way. I didn't have to worry about anyone spilling the beans, and I pretty much invited family and a few friends. Sure it would have been fun to have more people, but then you worry about more food, and seating, and space, and plates/napkins. No thanks.
Step 2: Find a good location. I've been super blessed enough to have a best friend loan me her place for the party.
Step 3: Potluck
I would LOVE to be able to buy all the food for the guests, but I simply can't right now. So the next best thing would be to have every family bring 1 dish. Dish can mean drinks as well. Just be sure to tell everyone what you are needing them to bring, and to write down what everyone will be bringing. This way you don't have 7 people bring pizza and 1 person bring a 12 pack of soda.
Step 4: Decorations
Make these simple. Print outs from pinterest are golden! You can also go to the $ store and get inexpensive decorations including plates and napkins.

Here are a few pictures from his party again just so you can see some of the inexpensive decorations.
 
Candy 1$
Plates 1$
Plastic table cloth 1$
Streamers 1$
 
Step 5: Be sneaky! My husband had no idea I had this planned!
Have you ever thrown a surprise party? What did you say to make sure the Birthday boy or girl got there without being suspicious?

1 comment:

  1. This surprise party is really awesome and I am very happy to find these party preparing tips here. Would love to have them for my sister’s surprise birthday party at one of LA venues. Will surely make her day best and special with my efforts.

    ReplyDelete