Thursday, December 5, 2013

Skincare

 
 

 

So I've been trying to figure out what I should base my blog posts on. I like to write about things that inspire me, things that move me, things that I LOVE. I love fashion, I love hair styles, I love music, I love books, I love skincare, I love makeup, I love my family... I love lamp... (See what I did there?)

Today I'm going to talk to you about skin care. I am all about skin care. I maybe a little obsessed with skincare... but I'd rather be obsessed than not care at all I guess.

I started caring about my skin about 5 years ago. My mom has always told me how important it is to take care of your skin, and I believed her. But I was pretty much lazy. I would wash my face every few days.... EEK I know. Then I came into the business of skincare and decided it would probably be a good idea to use the product like I'm supposed to. Also I kinda would like to stay youthful for a while.

I'm not here to try and sell you the skincare brand I represent. I'm just here to give you an idea of what cleanser, moisturizer, make-up remover, eye firming cream, SPF, and dark spot remover I like to use.

First off... if you are going to wash your face at all, be sure to do it at night. That way your skin has a chance to breath and repair any damage made from the day. I use the Marykay timewise 3-1 cleanser for normal to dry skin (be sure to use the right cleanser for your skin type).
TimeWise® 3-In-1 Cleanser (normal/dry)
 

Second...off? ALWAYS always always, use moisturizer. Dry skin and Oily skin both need to be using moisturizer. Be sure to be using the write moisturizer for your skin as well. If someone with oily skin uses a moisturizer meant for dry skin, it may cause a break out. If you think you have oily skin, and have not been using moisturizer, you may in fact have dry skin. When you do not use moisturizer, your skin produces more oils to make up for it. So that could be causing you to have more oily skin.... I use MaryKay Timewise moisturizer for normal to dry skin.


TimeWise® Age-Fighting Moisturizer (normal/dry)
Third-ly.... taking off your eye makeup at night is so important and I don't know how many people have told me they don't wear waterproof mascara because they can't get it off... Well... today is the day you find out about this magical bottle of pure awesome (unless you've already known about it).... MaryKay Oil-Free Eye Make-up Remover. This stuff is the best ever! and it  takes off your waterproof mascara with ease.  
P.S. It does not burn your eyes!!!
 Mary Kay® Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
 
So, I don't know about you, but I am crazy about getting wrinkles, meaning I don't want them ever!! I use this firming Eye cream. I know its a firming EYE cream... but I also use it between my eyebrows (the wrinkles that could possibly show up due to my perma scowl...),I  use it for around my mouth. and of course, my eyes. This stuff is magic.
TimeWise® Firming Eye Cream
 
One other thing that is so important is using SPF on your skin... even if it cloudy! The SPF I use is called day solution AKA the Ick factor. It keeps all the dirt and junk off my face when I go out. It has 35 SPF in it and isn't thick so you don't feel like you've put an extra layer on your skin.
 
 TimeWise® Day Solution Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35*
 
Last, but most certainly not least, I use this even complexion essence. It's meant for the dark spots from maybe a break out or dark spots from pregnancy. I mainly use it for my STRETCH MARKS!  I do know that my stretch marks are not located on my face... but one day, I got a crazy idea to try this stuff on my belly to see if it would help them go away. AND it has!! they are continually getting lighter and lighter!
 TimeWise® Even Complexion Essence
Now, these are all my opinions from these products. I've been using them for quite some time and just love them. They work best for me, but I would love to hear what products work best for you and why!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment